lunes, 10 de febrero de 2020

Reflecting on reading habits


The pictures show different people reading in a variety of situations.  They are reading novels, newspapers, school books, eBooks and probably more kinds of texts.  I think that in some of the pictures people choose what they read although in the photo of a classroom in a school they do not. In this case, the teacher is the person who chooses the reading.  

The feelings could be really different according to the person. What I refer is that people in the library could be reading for pleasure or maybe some of them are doing a school work, so the first ones could be relaxed meanwhile the others could be stressed because they have to put a lot of attention in what they are reading to learn it or use it later. It happens the same for the other pictures, some could be feeling in a calm and peaceful way and others under pressure as the pupils in the school. 

In my case, either in English or Spanish, I like reading when I am alone. I need silence to concentrate on the text, and at the same time, it allows me to reflect about what I am reading. I could read outdoors, as the man with the newspaper, but it should be in my garden, not in the street. Nevertheless, what I like the most is reading a novel in a comfortable sofa. If I have to study, it is different, I need my desk. It does not matter the language, but I have to recognise that I have some requirements before reading. I try to read every day I have spare time, and of course, I prefer paper books. Screens make me feel tired sooner. 

Finally, I think I do not have preferences between English or Spanish. Maybe if it is a novel with a lot of difficult vocabulary, Spanish is my best option (since it is my mother tongue). However, if I find a text which fits my level, I enjoy it deeply because my mind works in English and I love it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sharing is rewarding

This entry supposes the last activity of the course “INNOVATIVE TEACHING PRACTICES SUPPORTED BY THE FOCUSED USE OF ICT TOOLS IN THE LANG...