sábado, 22 de febrero de 2020

TimeToast activity

In the following link, a timeline activity can be found:

 



With the proposed timeline, the students can read a traditional English story divided in parts, with images which support the reading and clues and/or tasks to help them to understand the text. Therefore, if I should establish some learning objectives, I would say that through this activity the students are going to improve their reading, to widen their vocabulary, to know English culture and to practise how to use a dictionary. 

A great advantage that this activity shows using TimeToast is the division of the story, allowing the student the work on it step by step, so they can manage it better than if they face the whole text. It could be stressing. 

I have managed the parts of the activity according to the parts of the story, creating what we could define as small chapters. Furthermore I have tried to include different kinds of clues, to make it more interesting. 

The students could find some problems, maybe because of the vocabulary. Then, I would encourage them to get the main idea of the “chapter”. I consider that the use of the clues and the images could be important to this point. 

Although I have not carried out the activity because of the age of my students this year, I would say that it is going to be very eye catching since the use of a computer is included and probably they do not know what a timeline is, so it is interesting. 

I think that I would use the structure I have followed in this occasion with more texts. Perhaps I could include more resources such as videos for a better understanding, or even music.
TimeToast has improved the reading task firstly showing it as something attractive. Later, I can create a structure with the parts to work in each session, so it is more accessible than a whole text. Finally, the possibility of using images helps the students to understand the reading better.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Sharing is rewarding

This entry supposes the last activity of the course “INNOVATIVE TEACHING PRACTICES SUPPORTED BY THE FOCUSED USE OF ICT TOOLS IN THE LANG...